When I see such bikes -- very appealing; a modern and much better
re-invention of the Raleigh Sport, of which I've owned at least 3 -- I
think again about turning the 2003 Curt 26" wheel Riv Road custom into an
upright, tourist-type bar, B 67-type saddle cruiser with the abandoned fork
from the new Chauncey; and now that I have received the 1.8" RH Naches Pass
ELs that are tubeless compatible, I dream about finding a pair of 26"
tubeless rims [I let a pair get away, alas] and install these tires on
them, with an SP dynohub in front and either a 2 speed kickback or that
annoyingly otherwise unusable S3X hub (52 X 15 X 25.6" wheel = 89" direct
3rd/high -- for downhills to avoid the effect of the hub's lash; 66"
underdrive 2nd for cruising; and 55" underdrive 1st for hills not too steep
to require walking) on the rear wheel; this because the new Chauncey AM-hub
bike just works so well with the 28 mm (labeld 32 mm) Elk Passes that I'm
reluctant to mess with it by installing fatter tires. And it's not as if
skinny 26" X 42 mm tires at a rock hard 40 psi are going to work well on
the deep sandy patches that my 700C X 61.5 (just measured one yestiddy:
61.48 mm) at 20 psi roll over so well.

My immediate solution to the dilemma is to procrastinate ... But all y'all
thoughts welcome.

In particular, I wonder about the bar. I find all bars -- I've used a very
fair selection, including well over half a dozen dirt drop types -- except
road-type drop bars uncomfortable after just a few miles, but I wonder if I
simply need to be more radical in re-thinking my riding position. For a
Bosco bar upright position, are you sitting with say 2/3 of your weight on
saddle and close to 1/3 of it on the pedals, so that almost nothing is on
your hands? If so, this sort of position would require a further rethinking
of pedaling style (I like to lean forward and torque) and therefore of
gearing. I can't see riding Kurt's example and not having too much weight
on my hands for any sort of "tourist" bar. Kurt, your bar is a Bullmoose,
right? What is your "default" cruising gear?

So, for those of you with Clems and bars 6" higher than saddle, sitting
bolt upright, what sort of gear do you use for fastish cruising on the flat
on smooth paved surfaces with no wind? Me, a 70 to 75+" gear is normal,
depending on bike and crank and tires for an on-hoods road position; I
imagine fully 10 gear inches lower sitting bolt upright with most of my
weight on the saddle. Am I right?