On Apr 18, 10:53 pm, Earl Grey <earlg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I do ride my JB greens off-road, though they are less fun than my 42mm
> IRC Mythos XC Slicks. Have gotten one pinch flat on a high speed
> descend on a gravel road with sharp fist-sized rocks, running around
> 35-40 psi with a bike+rider weight of 210 lbs.
>
> Gernot

I think there are plenty of riders who can get by riding JB greens off
road. Mark at Rivendell does and I think Cyclofiend has too. I weigh
190 and am magnetically drawn to every rut, rock, root and bad line
when pedaling off road so it's just not a good idea for me. Then
again, I've ridden 28s off road at times. It's really nice to have a
bike the Hilsen or SH that provides lots of options.

I need to get out for a ride soon. It's supposed to rain this
afternoon and my fenders aren't on the bike!

--mike