Hmmm - good question.  I never considered that there could be an
alignment issue.  Everything else seems to indicate that it's well
aligned - its an AHH with extremely quiet drivetrain, visually
straight from the back, and the ride is smooth, stable and heavenly.
The tires align perfectly with the rear fender.  My experience has
been that if I put on a set of JBs or Paselas (32C), and I let the
tires get to about 1000 or 1100 without rotating, the rear tire will
be toast (i.e. get a flat every other day from puncture).  Once it
gets to this point I have found it is too late to rotate them - the
same tire will continue to flat once it gets to the front.  I have had
the same experience with 2 sets of JB greens and 1 set of JB blues.
If I switch after 600 miles, I could probably get 1200 miles out of
them.  I found the Paselas to be almost exactly the same (however much
cheaper).  I also have had the beads separate from both types of tire
around that mileage point.

My riding conditions, however, may be very different from others.  I
commute to work year round in Tucson, AZ on fairly rough roads (lots
of chip seal, but not many huge potholes).  From May through August,
all of my afternoon rides are at around 100 deg.  I think I read on
the Schwalbe website that high temperatures will accelerate tire
wear.  I also strap my work bag with clothes and stuff onto the rear
rack.  With bike lock and lunch, etc. it probably averages 25 lbs.  I
myself weigh about 200 lbs.  For reference, before the AHH I commuted
on a racing bike with a messenger bag.  I consistently got 2000 out of
the 25C tires I used.  It's probably a combination of everything and I
certainly enjoyed riding on both JBs and Paselas.  It's just that I
now may have found my "nirvana tire".  The Schwalbes are bigger
(running 622-42 HS 366 with fenders), very comfy and seem very
durable.  Of course, it's not a fair test yet since the Schwalbes only
have 1000 miles on them.