On my Bob Brown custom, I have run Schwalbe 'Big Apples' in 26x2.0 and
26x3.5, Schwalbe 'Marathons' in 26x1.9 and 26x1.5 and Panaracer
'Pasela's' in 26x1.75, 26x1.5 and 26x1.25...

and they all served their intended purposes rather well.

My favorites out of all the aforementioned were the Schwalbe
'Marathons' in 26x1.5 by far for their mix speediness and cushiony
goodness.

However, my all-time favorite tire on that bike would be Panaracer 'T-
Serv's' in 26x1.25... excellent flat resistance, multitude of ways I
can inflate/deflate for various ride/road types and lots of wear
before they go all bald on me.

Very much like them.

-Scott