My 1996 A/R is shod with Pasela 26 x 1.25 tires and I like the feel of these very much. They are the cushiest tires I have, seem plenty fast and handle well. I run 700 x 25 or 700 x 28 Paselas on my other bikes.

I don't find any of the vagueness or wandering Jan reported, however my bike has more geometric trail than the test bike used in BQ. My estimate is about 50-55 mm trail. It might be that smaller wheel bikes need a bit more trail.