I frequently ride on a beautiful rails-to-trail near my home and since
March I've been riding with a mask. Especially on a nice day, the trail is
filled with people who don't have any kind of protective masks. I realize
that "outdoors" is less of a risk, but I cannot fathom why groups of 2 or
more walk, run, ride or just are in public with no protection for
themselves or others. After months of wearing and trying different masks, I
have settled on a favorite. I started with the face gaitors, then went to
different style cloth masks, all from various makers (Mandala, Mambe,
home-made by a friend who is a seamstress, UnderArmour, Ibex Merino and
finally the disposable blue surgical masks. The blue surgical masks fit
best (I have a full beard) and didn't fog my glasses too much. We purchased
100s in bulk from Amazon. For the last month or two, I've switched to a
black KN95 masks and for me these fit even better than the surgical masks
and work best for me when I'm on the bike.  Even though they are
disposable, after a one-hour ride when I remove my helmet and gloves, I'll
sometimes let the mask dry and reuse a second time. I have masks in most
pockets of my clothing, just in case I need to interact with the outside
world.
Fred Yavorsky
Jenkintown, PA

--