I live in an apartment...no basement at all. But...we do have a shared
storage space.

Apparently sometime back in the late 90's I'd stashed a local brand (back
when more stores labeled their own) ATB (remember all terrain bikes?). Last
year the building manager reminded me it was there and told me to move it or
lose it. I turned it into a my first single speed since I was a kid. I like
it so much I bought my Quickbeam which will not be going into the storage
space. :-)

I ride it all the time, especially when I've got to leave a bike locked up
outside, though I have Riv'd it up a bit with fenders, a Brooks B17, Grip
King pedals, and a brass bell; which where any resemblance to a Bleriot
ends.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mgps-bob/4428293840/

Aloha!

Bob