On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 8:42 AM, swenindy <brynnarswen...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm sorry to say it but I find this post extremely distasteful.  I
> know all of us on this list find the money to buy expensive bikes (at
> least once in a while) but this "oops, I forgot two grand worth of
> dreamy bike parts in my basement" routine is unbelievable and a really
> pompous way to let everyone know about both your "good" taste and your
> disposable income.
>
> I mean really, if you could "forget" a new Riv build with Paul, King,
> TA, etc. components how serious of a cyclist are you?  I would bet
> most of us think hard and save up for expensive bike builds.  The type
> of attitude reduces the love of beautiful bikes to absent minded
> conspicuous consumption.
>
> So, did I miss the joke or something?

I guess we're all entitled to draw our own conclusions and form our
own opinions. But one thing is for sure, if you know anything about
Scott C. (a.k.a. Large Fella on a Bike; really not so large these
days), I don't think there's any way you could question "how serious
of a cyclist" he is!

Shaun Meehan