If it was the 2019 tour you visited our house! We focused on the history
somewhat & did go into detail on how they attempted to survive the Texas
summers prior to AC. The tour itself raises tens of thousands of dollars,
all of which is spent on local charities and schools and we thoroughly
enjoyed opening our home for people to see.

To answer your question; there are absolutely craftsmen today who can & do
build with that kind of quality, unfortunately the market has shown little
interest past saving money & getting more for less. Look to our endless
suburbs for examples, you just can't physically build a 4,000+ square foot
home for $500,000 and put anything resembling quality into it, the metrics
don't work out.

Thankfully there are still people who do appreciate quality craftsmanship &
are prepared to pay the premium required to acquire such items. I would
count fans of Rivendell in that category?