You are missing the other half of the argument.  There is a reason
virtually every step through out there runs the gamut from beefy to tank
like: the design of a step through frame does not lend itself to being
created from a lightweight tube set. I don't think many frame builders
would be eager to take it on, even for a relatively lighter rider, though
one who most definitely puts out power above her weight class, another
consideration. I don't think Rivendell would do it as a custom. I could of
course be wrong. One last time, there is a reason the basic safety bicycle
ended up as a diamond frame, ie, two triangles. Go away from that and you
need to start beefing up your tubing. This is why you see the designs of
the true step throughs above with one or two tubes connecting the two tubes
running from head tube to seat tube.  A mixte is essentially the same
physical structure as a diamond with a very sloped top tube. Which is why
you can't step through it. Make it low enough to step through, and you lose
the remaining strength of the triangle and need to compensate somewhere
else.

Sure, Rivendells get criticized by lots of people for being "overbuilt."
Many (even/especially overweight men) would say that even of Leah's
Platypus. But of all the bikes in the Riv lineup to attempt to put on a
diet, the Clem L is not the one to pick. *Vive la difference.*