On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 11:44 AM,  <rswat...@me.com> wrote:
> I can understand rules about support cars, but not being allowed to help your
> fellow riders is pretty weak. I'm not sure I get the point of randonneuring.
> Sounds like they take a nice ride and spoil it with a bunch of arbitrary
> rules and limits.

Helping other riders is not normally considered to be "personal
support".  So, yes, you can hold another rider's bike while they fix a
flat.  There's a thread on the "randon" list right now about the most
memorable repairs riders have helped with on other rider's bikes.

--glenn
West Chester, PA, USA