Hi Eric,
Is your neck pain from extending your neck? Did you have similar pain when
using the drop bars? Other pains/problems?

Like you, I prefer the forward position of albatross bars-- it feels
natural for me, perhaps since I like to lean forward.

If you would like a more upright/cruising position to try, I suggest
tilting the saddle nose up a little bit. The up-nose position makes me feel
more comfortable sitting upright, and less comfortable leaning forward.

Good luck!
shoji
arlington ma