THAT is a cool bike!  I'm always on the lookout to see what's out there for
kid bikes.  Everything is pretty much overbuilt aluminum bikes with cheap
suspension fork.

Hey, 450 miles/month deserves a nice bike!

On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 10:28 PM, Me <clotht...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Not entirely Rivendell-related but it involves steel tubes, practical
> things [and] will have cloth tape w/hemp twine on the handlebars by
> tomorrow!
>
> For an early b-day/spring/summer gift, I bought my 10yr old daughter a
> brand-spankin'-new Surly Long Haul Trucker... and surprised her with
> it last night and then, early today got to our local bike ship for the
> headset install + new KoolStop 'Salmon' brake pads.
>
> She is averaging about 450 miles per month of riding on her 24"
> wheeled Trek bike, so it was time for something a little more
> befitting her mileage, enter the new bike:
>

> http://istanbultea.smugmug.com/photos/swfpopup.mg?AlbumID=11953881&AlbumKey=iC4RX
>
> We will be embarking on christening her bike in properly by having a
> Daddy & Daughter bike tour from Portland, OR to the Pacific Ocean [to
> Cannon Beach] in 2 weeks time [about 90 miles each way].
>
> Couldn't be more proud of this lil' girl!!
>
> She's already named it, "Noir" too.
>
> -Scott

Cheers,
David
Redlands, CA

"Bicycling is a big part of the future. It has to be. There is something
wrong with a society that drives a car to workout in a gym."  ~Bill Nye,
scientist guy