I pre-ordered one of the original Hunqapillars.  From what I can recall,
the Hunquapillar was the first Taiwan built Rivendell bicycle after
Rivendell left Toyo Japan.  It might have even been a Toyo Taiwan shop.  I
don't believe any were made by Toyo Japan.   There was a long wait period
and when I finally received the bicycle, Keven told me it was made by
Waterford because the order from Taiwan was just taking to long.  I
remember checking the serial number and it fit with the Waterford scheme.
Subsequent batches were made in Taiwan at least for a while and might have
reverted back to Waterford when the batch orders stopped.

The bike was the gray maroon colors.  I have a picture somewhere which I
will try to find.  I will also try to find my original receipt.  A fellow
list member now owns the bike.