Roberta,
I have two bikes set up as single speed's. My favorite is a 650B with 42
size tires it also has a Marks rack in front with a Wald basket so its able
to be my grocery getter and I also ride other places. I have a 700c that I
haven't used this season setup for road with Phil hubs its fun and fast for
me. I always have a single speed bike.