I agree, I also think modern gravel bikes would be better off with 26" x
55mm tyres, rather than 700 x 42 or whatever the 'standard' is this year.

Couple of possible additions to the list:

Raleigh Tamarack - an early and seemingly unsuccessful attempt at a 650B
mtb: photo (not mine) here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/7556426@N06/1424440013/

Bianchi Project Series - there is a bit of discussion about these but it
seems the Project 7 was an early attempt at a 29" MTB rather than a hybrid.
Would probably do nicely as a version of one of Rivendell's 29" models, if
you could find one.