I also rock a Cleverhood cape. It hangs pretty loose so it doesn't cause a
great deal of condensation underneath unless it's very hot. I'm 5'11"/180cm
with some extra weight and the Cleverhood offers great coverage for me.
I find that for most purposes if I have fenders, I don't really need rain
pants(unless it's very windy), and shoes get wet on bike or off bike so I
don't worry about those.
KC is quite a bit less rainy than other places tho so ymmv.

--ben