Hey all, I am a wannabe Riv owner. One day, when the mood of my wife and
bank account align...at least that's my hope.

I browse a lot of used listings and sometimes will see a deal pop up that
I'm interested in, but feel like I don't have enough info to confidently
purchase. Looking for some insight especially from those who have ridden
multiple Riv models.

I have a special nostalgia for the Rivendell Atlantis -- the color, the
geometry; it just seems like my dream bike and I don't have a
justification. The price is steep, though. I have been curious what the
difference in ride quality is when compared with the Clem H, as that's more
in my price range and I see used ones come up for sale much more
frequently. Obviously it's a different look and I'm missing lugs, etc, but
it does have those crazy long stays. What's the difference in ride quality?
Especially if I'm riding upright.

A couple of notes: I live in very flat Dallas, I primarily use my bike as a
commuter (towing my HappiSack) with a 10 mile radius but would also like to
do some light touring. My preferred set up is riding upright.

If anyone else would care to weigh in with a comparison between the ride
quality of the Atlantis and other Riv models, I'd be interested in those
too! Just trying to arm myself with information in a market where I often
am shopping online and unable to try before I buy.

Thanks,
Max