I think the ride quality difference will come down to fit, and style of
setup (i.e. light wheels and supple tires vs. durable wheels and touring
tires), with the primary difference being driven by whichever bike fits you
best.

Unfortunately, the Clems have only 3 sizes, and that will tend to limit how
good the fit can get without major compromises if you don't perfectly line
up. This was (one reason) why I switched from a Clem to an Appaloosa, I
needed like a 50.5 2017 clem to fit correctly and the 51 Joe was a perfect
size.

Collin, former clem owner, in Sacramento