Thanks for the solid feedback everyone. My plan to carry any significant
weight is limited to the occasional grocery run. It sounds like it would
probably make more sense to run a rear rack and a big pannier or two for
that purpose. I still want a front basket for small loads and it sounds
like a Mark's Rack and Wald 137 are the proven combo. If I could find an
older version of the Mark's with the light plate that would be perfect, but
I'll probably have to settle for well enough.

Anyone want to trade their Mark's Rack for a Nitto 32f?