Pittsburgh Press (afternoon, Sunday AM, Sat night bulldog (Sun paper on Sat
after 1800),  90 customers, 5Y  1962 (7th grade) through high school
graduation, 6/67.    It was in the city and hilly.   Every block had a
'high' side (houses elevated above street level and 'low' side, houses at
or below street level.  You had just about every house on a block or groups
of houses separated by hills.

I tried a bike once or twice (Schwinn Spitfire, 26" balloon tires), but it
did not work out, due to the hills and stopping for each house, and for
houses on the 'high' you generally had short cuts eliminating the need to
go down to the street on each house.   You might come 4 or 5 houses away
from the bike.   It was easier to load 30, 40, 50 papers in the bag(s) and
just go slowly up the hills.   After a short while, the weight worked off
faster than you thought.  It also taught you patience.

I still remember the size of the headlines the Friday Kennedy was shot.
Sad day.  You got to see the headline many times delivering that day.

I'm happy to see the responses, ex-paper boys seem to be like a
brotherhood.