I'm not sure why I even clicked on this thread but I did and when I saw
Specialized Sequoias mentioned, it caught my eye.  I have one and it's been
my main bike since 2004.  Now I am the proud owner of a Riv Platypus and
basically went from 23mm tires to 48mm tires.  I don't know if I can ever
get on that  Specialized Sequoia ever again.  I looked into maybe
increasing the tire size but it can only squeeze a 28mm.  I love the triple
as I ride hills in North Jersey and took the bike on many hotel tours over
the years.  It was advertised as a 'Sport Tourer' and had a rise in the
stem.  I rode it around the parking lot once and bought the bike.
I've never seen another  Specialized Sequoia.
Good luck with your search.
Kate from Trenton who may never need another bike again after happily
riding her new Riv Platy