It's a special bike - except for the Maillard freewheel - assuming it
is still there.  Along with the 959, the 720 is the most collectible
Trek.  Good 720s are getting harder  to find.

$2500 may be a stretch.  But is fair starting off point.  You're going
to have to get the word out there.  Ebay with a good reserve.  A
number of the bike lists.  Maybe Craigs if you are in a bike city -
but be prepared for the crack pots that lurk there.

Good luck.  And have fun living abroad.