I have personally tried Gevenalles, yes. The issue is that this build is for a
small-handed, short-fingered rider who already has trouble reaching the brake
levers and would have trouble reaching around the top of the hoods to shift the
Gevenalles. She’s tried short reach brifters (with shims) and bar-end shifters,
and neither was suitable.

Hence, my next attempt is to bring the shifters in-board of the hoods, but
still accessible to shift from the tops/hoods.

Eric