Having the brake levers turned inward (and using narrower drop bars) is the
current aero fad/trend in the pro peloton. I'm sure Andrew isn't looking
for a position this radical, but you can see some of the positions here.
https://www.italy24news.com/sports/news/20163.html

Stages of some big races were won with using inward brake levers this last
year. I will add that extremely pointed inward levers look awful to my
eyes.