Keep in mind that interior frame bags and everything cages and cantilevered
soft bags and a lot of that other, now-common, high-tech bike-packing
equipment is pretty new in the grand scheme of things.  You can still do
alot with some good old fashioned "full" racks with panniers and
saddlebags, the way it was done for a century or more.  I personally think
the long rear end of the clem lends itself to this better than any other
bike ever made.

Also, people often forget about or overlook bob trailers too but, depending
on what kind of trip you had in mind, they sometimes work well, and make it
easy to strip the bike down for day rides once you reach your destination.