Just some thoughts from an Old Guy who owned a '95ish Road Standard,
currently has a '98 Road Custom and lotsa Waterfords.

It is kinda pricey. It is also one of those things that you won't find
often/easily, there's often a Riv premium to be paid, and in this smaller
frame size w/26" wheels you'll likely have better tire clearance than with
a 700c Road Standard. But if you boil it down to a production frame from
'95 build by W'ford, $1,450 is big number in my book. A clean/stock '95
W'ford road frame might get $600-$700, a clean W'ford Riv might get
$200-$300 more? The highest I've seen a Road Standard go for was around
$1,200, pretty clean, sold by Jan Heine on ebay some years back, haven't
seen anything else sell that high. I'd be happy to get $1,200 in 2020 for
my '98 Riv Road Custom, built by Joe Starck. $1,450 is a pretty aggressive
price.

The frame looks lovely. It evidently is being sold by/for a good cause.
It's a Riv. Vintage steel is cool/fun. It looks very clean. Likely has
pretty good tire clearance? Rare fer sure. Lots of pluses. Just be comfy
knowing you're not necessarily getting a bargain, and if you decided it
didn't work well for you, I'm not sure you'd be able to get close to the
same price reselling it.

Tips on your first vintage frameset is a big topic, and one that others
here generally do that better than I do. I'll just hit a couple/few
basics.

My first question would be whether you want this to be a cool vintage bike
without being concerned whether it will ride as well as your current bikes?
Or would you want to be able to essentially ride it the same places/ways as
what you ride now? Rivs have changed a lot in the past 35yrs+. If you're
riding newish/current Rivs now with looong chainstays and wiiiide tires, is
the '15 Standard going to feel like the equivalent of hopping on a 700c
bike with 28mm tires? Or do you want something that feels faster and maybe
not as comfy?

In terms of knowing what you're potentially getting, you do want to try
your best to make sure it'll fit you well, before buying. Also make sure
you know how much real tire clearance you'll have, maybe especially
important for someone coming from a current Riv, especially if it's a
wide/long Riv.

Paul Brodek
Hillsdale, NJ USA