My maternal family from Appalachia uses the term you'uns(literally "you
ones") where in Minnesota we said "you guys", as in referring to two or
more people. I love all these nuances of the languages, it's so much fun.
Understand people goes way beyond the words, nor are there any words to
describe it. Academia and all forms of correct-iits of language and culture
are utter nonsense as they claim to have "standards", but they change them
with every whim of opinion. Ironically, native languages/cultures do
actually have standards, they speak/live a certain way and that's that.
It's not up for debate or change, if you don't like it you won't stick
around long !