I did ride a Medium Mountain Mixte around the parking lot at Rivendell
headquarters years ago, in between the two orders. I am unwilling to part
with it yet. I have purchased 5 Rivendells with step-through frames in
search of the ideal step-through (for when I get older - I turn 66 this
year) - Clementine, Betty Foy, Rosco Bubbe Medium Mountain Mixte, Rosco
Baby, and Keven's Bike. I am still assembling two of them (mostly cables
and brakes to be rideable). All of them are 650B except the Betty - lots of
opportunity for wheel swapping - I have 7 speed freewheel, 9 speed
cassettes, Shimano Nexus 7 speed IGH, Sturmey Archer 3 speed (NOS 70s
vintage) IGH. Once I get them all assembled and riding I will decide which
ones to keep. If I was still single, I would have bought a Platypus, also
(if only for the headbadge).  I have high hopes for the Rosco Baby, though
- given my need for long frames, due to my long torso. That is the thing
that separates the Rivendell step through frames from all others the
effective top tube length. The Rosco Baby may even allow me to use Bosco's,
they have never felt right on any bike that I have tried so far.

Laing