RMRO asked " So I have a question; what is this weird science at play that
is so counter intuitive? Nose up says crotch pressure to me. How does this
work?"

I always thought the 'nose up' is required since the B17 shape is like a
hammock, you need the nose up very slightly to get the sit bones in the
right position.  Too much, gets you in the numbing area.  So it's bit of
experimenting since every one is different.  Some pictures I've seen show
what I think would be excessive nose up for me, but obliviously is OK with
the rider

I find a good nose up position and then use a digital angle finder on the
straight section just behind to saddle nose to measure how much 'up' I
got.   This location seems repeatable since it away from the hammock
section.  Eyeballing it is also good.

Been using B17's and VO Model 3's exclusively.  The VO Model 3 seems as
good as the B17, IMHO.

John Hawrylak
Woodstown NJ