In a few weeks I'll join the Rivendell ranks taking possession of a new
Atlantis 59cm. This will be my first more relaxed bike after decades of
serious road biking - basically downshifting, partly due to health, partly
due to changes in what I want a bike to do.

For this Atlantis, I plan to do relaxed around town rides and voyages on
gravel roads - eg northern New England, rails to trails, eg the cross NY
state trail system etc., self-supported with the camping gear and the like.

I'm starting to put together my build list and all is coming along fine.
Brooks saddle, Silver 178 crank, shimano rear derailleur, older campy front
derailleur, etc.

Where I'm really struggling is picking out the bars. Will have thumbies,
may want to have handlebar bag as well (used one yrs ago when touring
through Europe) and found it super handy. Also, remember, I'm very
accustomed to drop bars.

So...

Looking at Albastashe, but doesn't look compatible with handlebar bag.
Don't want stem and bar combo. Albatross looks better for handlebar bag but
not as many hand positions. Not sure about Bosco or Losco, would likely
flip most of these to get some drop. The portola handlebar from Soma looks
interesting but unlikely to have enough sweepback for that long top tube of
Atlantis.

Lastly, brakes. I'm going canti. Are touring Pauls really that much better
then Dia Compe to justify the price. I like bling, but not excessive which
seems to be the case with Pauls.

Anyway, now calling upon the collective intelligence of this grp to give me
a hand. Appreciate any and all replies.

- John