John, In the absence of the background of the bike and what brakes it had,
the obvious question is do other brakes fit ?

Are the bosses "too wide" for *any* brake, or the inner diameter of the
brake "too narrrow" for *any* bosses ?

As I recall, I needed to lightly sand one of canti bosses on my Bombadil as
I wasn't able to get *any *cantilever on all the way. It didn't take a lot,
just a light bit of sanding with fine grit emery cloth.