I'm surprised that Bill Lindsay, a board member who's done a lot of brevets
on a lot of different Rivs, hasn't written in.

Seems to me that from the current lineup a Homer or Sam would be a great
way to go given rack mounts as well as tire and fender clearances. Looking
further back in the catalog perhaps a Saluki or Bleriot would be solid
choices as well.

On the Velo Orange blog the other day there was a post titled "What Makes a
Good Rando Bike?" Worthwhile read:
https://velo-orange.blogspot.com/2022/08/what-makes-good-rando-bike.html