I've owned all three versions of *osco and didn't find a way to grip that
steep downhill part. I suppose it's feasible on the shallower Losco if
they're mounted really low and you're reaching down to the bar but I doubt
any of us here run our bars that way.

The useable positions I found: 1. Several spots along the rearward section
if a long grip or bar wrap is used, 2. The top of that downhill section
kinda mimics riding the hoods on drops, 3. The flatbar section on either
side of the stem.