Sorry if I caused any confusion, my post was supposed to be more about
whether the GC610 brake model would work on the new Roadini models. I only
intended to mention the reach differential between frame/fork as a "by the
way" thing. I realize it's a thing on many other bikes -- I've worked on
lots of other framesets where the difference is even more pronounced (and
I've never been sure the cause of it). To answer the first response, I
didn't intend to imply there was anything at all wrong with putting the
GC700 brake both front and back (which is what I'll do).

There had been a much earlier thread wherein several people were concerned
about the braking power of long-reach caliper style brakes, in particular
the Tektro side-pull models. So I'd mentioned I would test the GC610 when
my partner received her new Roadini. It was just interesting to me that it
works perfectly well up front but not back. No big deal, the GC700 is
effectively the same brake; in some respects maybe even better.