I agree with Joe, the Fizik Aliente is pretty good as non-leather saddles
go, if that's the same one I'm thinking of. Mine is much older and is
battered beyond recognition at this point. I love the Selle Italia Flite
for race bikes, but I can't imagine it working well in as upright a
position as you described, and they're getting rare and quite expensive, so
I don't think I can agree with that suggestion.

I also like the Brooks C17 with some shellac added to make it smooth; there
should be a thread on ibob or maybe here where I posted about that a couple
years ago. It has the same sort of soft hammock feeling as a leather saddle
once broken in, but is definitely not the same shape as any leather Brooks.
However, nothing is more comfortable for me than a well-broken-in Brooks
Pro or Idéale 90 (or B17 for upright positions), and since a saddle is
better for me the more it feels like one of those, something entirely
different that what I've recommended might be better for you.

Josiah Anderson
Missoula, MT