Joe:
I talked to Riv earlier this week about purchasing an Atlantis and posed a few
questions about F/F prep. I'm not here to make a blanket statement about how
all F/F are handled before they depart Riv, but I was told they receive the
Atlantis F/F with headset already installed and that a F/F I purchase would not
have the hanger checked/aligned before sent to me. My "guess" is they may not
even unpack the F/F when they receive it. There wouldn't be any reason for them
to open it up, if nothing is to be done on F/F. Maybe they are so busy it's
easier to just place a new shipping label on the box and out it goes. I live in
rural Montana and am a little bummed I have to travel a good distance just to
ensure hanger is properly aligned after spending $1750 on a new baby. And I
would doubt the threads are chased.
Nothing whatsoever against Riv, just an observation. Seems it should be part of
the frame making process to quickly verify proper hanger position somewhere
between frame build completion and paint. I'm going to travel and pay to have
it done, anyways.

    On Thursday, October 20, 2022 at 08:21:39 PM MDT, Joe Bernard