Hey there -

Just slipping on my admin cap because I'm noticing a trend:

There has been an increase in "no-price" For Sale posts which have ended up
in the queue. While I don't feel they are made in anything other than good
faith, it potentially changes the nature of this group to an auction house.
There are other websites which do that.

I've also noticed a number of Sale listing attempts (again, caught in the
review queue as they are from newer members (or those who never posted
before) for pretty general gear. That's much more of a grey area, as we all
end up with extra bike stuff. But there have been a number of "swap meet"
style posts that get pretty broad, or are even introduced with "I've
cross-posted this into..."

For the second condition, I'll admit more leeway for those who share images
and ride reports and the things that make this a valuable place.

For the first issue, moving forward if something is listed for sale without
a clear asking price and lands in the queue, I'm going to not pass it
through. And might ask non-moderated posters to specify a price if a
listing is not clear.

For reference - in this last batch of ~20 posts which landed in moderation,
there were 6 which had no-price-gimmee-an-offer text.

Thanks!

Jim / list admin