I'm a PT with about 16 years experience. I treat many folks post-op single
or double knee replacement. You should get back to cycling without concern
or restriction in 3-4 months (you can push it earlier, but most folks find
that the resulting inflammation is not worth it).
A couple of points, in response to some of the other responses you've
received: Yes, folks do sometimes get both knees done at once. The early
days of rehab can be pretty unpleasant as you haven't a non-surgical leg to
stand on. That phase passes pretty quickly. I have seen the interesting
outcomes in some folks who've had both replaced at the same time in which
one knee turns out better than the other knee. No idea why this happens,
but it does.
As for the other folks in this thread with grumpy knees, one of the most
important things you can do is keep your lateral hips and glutes strong.
Exercises like resisted clamshells and prone hip extensions/abductions are
key. Your knees will be happier. And for those of you who are bone-on-bone,
you can forestall replacements if you keep the glutes and lateral hips good
and strong.

Good luck! Have fun!

lyle