I had TKA a couple of years back and was back on a bike in about a month.
 Started very slow, low miles on flat ground.  I was up to 15 miles fairly
quickly.  I know that the miles on the bike before surgery really was of
help post surgery.  Everyone is different so consult with your surgeon and
physical therapist.  I'm very happy I had the knee replaced.  Tim