Beautiful platypus! Hope to see you riding around MA-- I'm in Arlington and
often ride the Minuteman and Battle Road on my Homer. Less frequently ride
the Fells on my Jones.

I'm thinking of getting a frameset... I have all the parts for 650b build.
(Missed out on the first run, from which I had collected parts.)

Roberta,
For pedals, I've been really impressed with the MKS Bear Traps. I think I
purchased them from Riv, but I don't see them on the website anymore. They
are available at Analog:
https://analogcycles.com/products/mks-xc-bear-trap-iii?variant=40096168018097

They are big/supportive and comfortable for my size 10 foot. I've found
them to be grippy-enough without damaging soles. (I've logged many miles on
Thin Gripsters, VP Vice, MKS Sneaker pedals, and the nylon/Clem pedals.)

Good luck!
shoji