I have decided to stick with a square taper crank, either White Eno or Riv
Silver, and I have bottom bracket questions.
Gus BB shell is 73 BSA. The bottom brackets they sell (Shimano & IRD) are
68. Riv says "use the 113 (spindle) if you have a mountain bike front
derailleur." But, they also say r.e. the IRD BB, "If you have a Gus or
Susie with a tire up to 2.5", you'll need a 123 with the right cup spacer."
But, they do not even show the 123 as being available?
Alternatively, White Industries offers both 68 & 73 widths but the widest
spindle offering is 121.
So I guess my question is 1. If I go with a Silver double, which bottom
bracket to buy? 2. If I go with a White Ind. Eno single, which bottom
bracket? I plan to run 2.5"-2.6" tires.
Thanks in advance for our help.