This thing looks cool but as a whole i think it's exceptionally silly. It
may be better protected than a standard der but its still prone to being
broken or bent. Then what? Will RH be making this thing 10 or 15 years down
the line? Same goes for the shifter. I expect some people with a huge
investment in this thing and their frame will find themselves SOL in the
future. I also think derailleurs work plenty well and don't need that much
improving. If you want the 'experience' RH is referring to, just friction
shift.

The best thing about this is it makes the Riv derailleur project look very
reasonable all of a sudden.