FWIW, if anyone wants to geek out on all things wheel building, check out
the Wheel Fanatyk website for both "information" as well as wheelbuilding
hardware that while geared toward the professional, anyone of interest can
acquire. There's a whole lotta info there, so take your time, it has lots
of rabbit holes.
https://wheelfanatyk.com/collections
https://wheelfanatyk.com/pages/library
Under https://wheelfanatyk.com/pages/manuals  is a pdf of the 1986
Bicycling Mag Wheelbuilding guide written by Eric Hjertberg,
wheelbuilder/co-founder of Wheelsmith.

That said, I myself like audio/visual ways like the Jim Langley video
mentioned above. He has an inviting and appealing way about him, that's the
best I can describe it. Blueprints and methodology alone don't do much for
me....... when someone animates it, brings it to life in understandable and
universal language ...... well that's relatable.

After watching him last year, even I decided to play with some wheels I had
built 30 years ago that needed some fine tuning, and to build my own again.
I figured with the silly delivery and labor costs of custom wheels, and the
inherent limited hardware choices all wheelbuilders offer, I may as well
invest in a decent stand, a new dish gauge and anything else I may need. So
I bought a Unior 1689 stand and the calibration gauge for it. It sure is
nice having a stable, consistent platform to work on wheels !  I chose the
Unior because it's perfectly stable as-is without needing to buy a base.