Hey, I'm the same size and pretty excited about the 54cm Hunq.  It's gonna'
have around effective 60cm reach, single top tube and 700c X 60mm wheels.
That could be perfect!

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 6:05 PM, Rene Sterental <orthie...@gmail.com> wrote:

> That's why I have 8 cm stems on my AHH and my Bombadil. If I wanted to
> run longer stems, I'd definitely need smaller frames. The issue would
> then be how much vertical stem and seatpost get exposed to get the
> proper heights and relationships. I could place the handlebar below
> the saddle... Oh wait! That's how I rode pre-Rivendell and I had the
> hand, neck and shoulder pain...
>
> I think I'm happy with my short 8 cm stems... ;-)
>
> René
>
> On 5/18/10, EricP <ericpl...@aol.com> wrote:
> > This is an interesting conversation.  Every time I think about getting
> > an even bigger frame, end up thinking more about reach more than
> > standover.  Based on these statements, I should be trying a 63cm
> > frame.  Yet about a year and a half ago straddled a 62 orange
> > Quickbeam.  The reach was so far my arms were fully extended on the
> > hoods.  Couldn't really even get to the drops.
> >
> > Maybe that bike had an unusually long stem.  But to get that bike to
> > work for me, would probably need a 7 or 8cm stem.
> >
> > Eric Platt
> > St. Paul, MN
> >
> > On May 18, 7:10�pm, jamison brosseau <jamison.bross...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >> its funny cause the atlantis was the first riv bike i was interested
> >> in. �i plan on getting another next year, but am afraid the 61 would
> >> be too small. �when i was concerned about the 61 vs 63 Keven suggested
> >> i just ride the 63 for a while and see what i thought. �I couldn't be
> >> happier. �Out of curiosity how tall are you. �I am 6 ft even.
> >> thanks jamison

> height

> >> --
> text
> >> -

> > --

> Sent from my mobile device

Cheers,
David
Redlands, CA

"Bicycling is a big part of the future. It has to be. There is something
wrong with a society that drives a car to workout in a gym."  ~Bill Nye,
scientist guy