I like Dave's advice of a contrasting color. I have a few rolls of
Newbaums, and would see if orange or maroon or purple would work. If it
didn't look great, amber shellac it and get a shade of tan.

Since you have the Celeste or blue wrap, maybe just give it a shot?

How's the platypus for riding in the snow?

All the best,
shoji
Arlington MA