Somewhat frustrated that my new Nitto stem came with no torque specifications. Assuming 4-6 is good?

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 23, 2023, at 12:14 PM, lconley <lcon...@brph.com> wrote:

I am not surprised that he broke one of the stem bolts. Once fairly tight, you sneak up on the tightening,  about 1/4 turn per bolt (which should have been installed with grease or never-seize), on all the bolts in a criss-cross pattern, and repeat. You also check that the gaps are equal on both sides of the bar clamp/face plate. You don't just crank down as hard as you can on each bolt.

Laing