I don't even live there but in exploring the roads via google "street view"
taking the highways 1 and 101 are the way to go. I use the "street view"
feature a lot as it gives visual photos of the actual roads.
That said, this https://cyclecalcoast.com/rides/pcbr/ gives you more
detailed info about the route, including the narrow southbound 101 bridge
near the Baron Ranch trailhead.

I found that website via a Gibiru search for *cycling from Santa Barbara to
Gaviota .*