And climbing, at least the steeper hills. At least, I find a very noticeable
difference in ease of climbing on my lightest bike (18 lb, 76” gear) and my
heaviest with road tires — tires that roll as well as those on the lightest
bike (32 lb, derailleur gears).

But with good tires and an aero tuck, with the weight of the Platypus you
should outcoast many others downhill.

Patrick Moore