Well here's about the best article I found on the many possibilities of why
his chain flew off the big ring going over such a relatively small bump.
The bottom line is that nobody knows. "Stuff happens".
My best guess is a wonky chainline part, as his model of bike is not spec'd
as being suitable for 1x. These bikes require one very specific "left side
only" asymmetrical type of BB, and it's not spec'd for 1x use. Yes, high
end bikes have gotten very very specific of what can and can't be used on
them.

https://en.brujulabike.com/roglic-single-chainring-problem/

In the article SRAM "orbit" dampening system is mentioned. From SRAMs
website it's not something the rider can turn off or have any say in it's
function.

*Orbit*

*Reducing chain bounce is a crucial need for today’s riders that frequently
venture off smoothly paved roads. SRAM’s Orbit™ technology, used in SRAM
RED and Force eTap AXS rear derailleurs, limits chain bounce by controlling
the chain’s downward movement when riding over bumps.*

*Orbit is a new, patented design that consists of a silicone fluid damper
with a one-way valve that controls the rear derailleur cage’s
counter-clockwise rotation. This prevents the lower derailleur pulley from
moving forward when bumps in the road cause g-force spikes that pull the
chain downward. The damped cage rotation keeps the drivetrain quiet and
helps prevent the chain from derailing off the chainring.*

*The beauty of the lightweight Orbit fluid damper is that it is speed
sensitive—meaning, the harsher the bump, the more resistance it applies to
keep the chain under control. So, when the derailleur cage rotates
counter-clockwise slowly—as it does during a downshift to an easier
rear—the damper offers so little resistance, it’s as if the damper isn’t
there. This allows you to get the benefits of a mechanical friction-style
clutch when you need it, without the excessive chain tension these clutch
types provide when you don’t. It’s the best of both worlds. And it’s a
maintenance-free design so you spend less time wrenching and more time
riding.*